When buying or selling a house, I am sure you have heard that location is everything. Location is a very important factor when buying a home, but have you ever asked yourself why?
Most believe it has to do with price or market value, but the location of the home is so much more!
- Commuting - How long will it take for you to get to and from work? Would you fuel consumption increase or decrease?
- Schooling - Where will your children be going to school? Will you be switching schools? How long will that commute be?
- Amenities - What is nearby? How close is the shopping and grocery stores? Are parks and other recreational facilities nearby? Have a look at walkscore.com to find out.
- Loved Ones - How close would your family and friends be from your new home?
- Safety - Is the community safe? Is there a high crime rate?
- Community - Does the neighbourhood and community reflect the lifestyle you have? Have you researched the demographics of the neighbourhood?
- Future Plans - Are there future plans for the neighbourhood (ie: commercial development, future highway, etc.)
- Transportation - Is the public transportation readily available? What routes go by and how often?