Deciding to sell your home is a big decision. You want, what every other seller wants; you want your home to sell quickly and for top dollar.
In today's market, selling quickly can be easily achieved, but selling for top dollar may be a little bit more elusive. In order to sell for top dollar (and hopefully get multiple offers), you need to make buyers fall in love with your home as soon as they set their eyes on it.
The first impression buyers get of your home, is the outside or the "curb appeal". Curb appeal is very important and many buyers may decide not even look inside of a home, if they do not like what they see on the outside. How you take care of your home's exterior, can provide good insight on how well the interior has been taken care of.
Improving Your Curb Appeal?
- Have a clean and well maintained yard.
- Keep your grass hydrated. You do not want to have any dead grass patches in your lawn.
- Remove any unslightly weeds.
- Plant bright seasonal flowers.
- Trim any overgrown shrubberys or trees.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to your front door. The colour of choice should be solid and fresh.
- Repair any cracks in the driveway and clean up any oil spills.
- Inspect your roof, make sure there aren't any visible repairs need or any broken shingles.
- Mend or repaint any neighbouring fences.
- Make sure your backyard is as imaculate as the front yard.